Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of Elite Store services, and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
a. Information you provide to us : We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use Elite Store services, including when you add information on a product form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Elite Store services.
When you use Elite Store services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you open a Elite Store account or use Elite Store services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Elite Store account or give us when you use Elite Store services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or national ID number.
b. Information from other sources : We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
c. Authentication and Fraud Detection : In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with Elite Store services. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
When you use our website, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's setting's menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide Elite Store services and customer support
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements
- improve the Elite Store services by customizing your user experience
- measure the performance of the Elite Store services and improve their content and layout
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure
- provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, and compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts and promotions, and inform you about Elite Store Services and the services of our corporate family. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
When you access our website or use Elite Store services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, "Flash cookies," or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively "Cookies"). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; customize Elite Store services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and Elite Store services.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Elite Store Users
When transacting with others, we may provide those parties with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, contact details, shipping and billing address, or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the unsuccessful transaction. To facilitate dispute resolution, we may provide a buyer with the seller's address so that goods can be returned to the seller. The receiving party is not allowed to use this information for unrelated purposes, such as to directly market to you, unless you have agreed to it. Contacting users with unwanted or threatening messages is against our policies and constitutes a violation of our User Agreement.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept or send payments from or to you using Elite Store. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number, to inform you that a payment has been sent to you or when you attempt to pay a merchant or third party. We use this information to confirm that you are an Elite Store customer and that Elite Store as a form of payment can be enabled, or to send you notification of payment status. Also, if you request that we validate your status as a Elite Store customer with a third party, we will do so.
Please note that merchants, sellers, and users you buy from or contract with have their own privacy policies, and although Elite Store's Term of Use does not allot his information for anything other than providing Elite Store services, Elite Store is not responsible for their actions, including the other transacting party to use their information protection practices
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using Elite Store, or with the third parties that offer or use Elite Store services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal process.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information with :
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having Elite Store close your Elite Store Account due to your breach of Elite Store's Term of Use).
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Elite Store or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other unaffiliated third parties, for the following purposes :
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management : to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk. For example, if you use the Elite Store Services to buy or sell goods using Facebook or its affiliates ("FB"), we may share account information in order to help protect your account from fraudulent activity, alert you if we detect such fraudulent activity on your accounts, or evaluate credit risk.
As part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we also may share necessary account information with FB in cases where Elite Store has placed a hold or other restriction on your Account based on disputes, claims, chargebacks or other scenarios regarding the sale or purchase of goods. Also, as part of our fraud prevention and risk management efforts, we may share account information with eBay to enable them to operate their programs for evaluating buyers or sellers
- Customer Service : for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional).
- Shipping : in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using Elite Store.
- Legal Compliance : to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers : to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal
information may be less stringent than in your country.
If you open a Elite Store account directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any
information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a Elite Store website) will
be shared with the owner of the third party website or application. These sites are governed by their
own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them
with personal information. Elite Store is not responsible for the content or information practices of
such third parties.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. You can also close your account through the Elite Store website. If you close your Elite Store account, we will mark your account in our database as "Closed," but may retain personal information from your account for a certain period of time to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our Term of Use, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.